11 August 2007

A country of most arrogant peole

42 years old country?
My family is over 450 years old.
I guess I have to take this into account when I explore this provincial town.
A few nights ago , at a gala dinner, I sat at a table where I was told, was the elite of Singapore and a few politicians.
I sat next to a man dressed with a disgusting polyester shirt and tie, without a jacket, and some cheap looking shoes that must have costed him 30 dollars. He then proceeded to argue with me on the quality of cognac, and excuse me but being from the old world I might know one or two things about it... (I myself prefer armagnac, but n'est ce pas it is a question of taste which here they have absolutely none)
That tacky man proceeds then to slurp on his soup and at the end, triumphally let out a burp as if it was the most normal thing to do.
At the end of the dinner, he left in a bright new yellow ferrari.
My goodness. Where have I landed?

No comments: